If you are on a lifelong journey and suddenly ran out of money, then there’s no need to immediately seek help from family to try to make money yourself. There are many ways to get some extra cash in a foreign country. Here are the top 10 ways to combine work and travel:
- Entertain the crowd: If you have some talents, and even if you don’t, you can earn a hefty amount of money singing, playing any musical instruments, dancing, and making a mime show to passers-by on the street. However, you may have to deal with competitors or even with the police. Make sure you don’t borrow someone else’s place and don’t violate local regulations. Or learn how to run fast.
- Apply for work in a bookstore: If you want to find an intellectual job go to the bookstore. But do not forget that you may require a work permit, which the owner of the store certainly wouldn’t arrange himself. So, use an alternative: to work for a bed and food.
- Learn to play online poker: Some travelers fund their trips by making money online. Just do not risk large sums and follow your account to stop at the right time.
- Offer massage services: Your relatives have repeatedly asked you to massage them and liked it. It’s time to capitalize on this by launching a freelance career as a massage specialist. Clients can be easily found on the beach and other places where people relax and rest. Cooperate with an inexpensive spa center, spend money on scented oil and start working. But remember: working abroad without a work permit is illegal, so you have to be aware.
- Remember all the things you’ve ever learned: Think of all the skills you’ve ever had: paint henna designs on hands, make haircuts, weave braids, make temporary tattoos. Offer your services to others!
- Read the cards: Buy a deck of Tarot cards and with a little fantasy and self-confidence you can become a fortune teller. Of course, do not take it seriously to offer to tell a fortune to visitors of a bar, just as a joke, and who knows, maybe your intuition will help to predict the future.
- Craft: Know how to make baskets, weave beaded jewelry, knit, or paint? Devote a few hours of the evening to your hobby and then sell your craft. That’s an easy way to make money. As well as pleasant!
- Farmer for an hour: Agricultural work is the fastest and easiest way to make some money. Collecting fruits and vegetables is hard work that doesn’t pay too well, but you’ll also get an invaluable reward: outdoor recreation, interesting experiences, and new acquaintances.
- Construction works: Not very pleasant, but better-paid work. You’ll not only learn a lot but also get a slim shape and steel muscles.
- A career in the hospitality industry: You can get free accommodation in a small guest house or B&B in exchange for cleaning the rooms. The work is not very pleasant, but you’ll get some cash and make new friends.
Of course, it’s always better to make a detailed calculation before heading off for a journey and to make sure you can afford that. But if traveliving is your way of living, then sooner or later you’ll run out of money anyway. So, don’t be afraid of this moment and keep in mind that there’s always a way to work in travel and replenish cash reserves using your skills, knowledge and talents.